Digital marketing is a way of marketing your products and services through technological media. It has risen in popularity exponentially since the inception of a little drug we call the Internet. Every advertisement you see on your phone, every email you receive from arandom organisation, even our beloved internet searchesare important elements of Comrade digital marketing agency.
What does it consist of?
Due to the rapid development of technology, it’s quite hard to make an exhaustive list of what comes under digital marketing.
A few of its important components are:
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) – This is the process by which one organically drives traffic towards one’s website from Search Engines. The basic goal isto optimise your content so that you rank high in Search Engine websites’ search results for certain popular keywords.
- Social Media Marketing (SMM) – Social Media Marketing promotes products and services through social media websites. Major Social Media sites provide their policies, tools, and even courses to advertise on these platforms.
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM) – It is the ‘inorganic’ way of bringing traffic to your website through Search Engines. When you search a keyword, the first few results are usually paid for by advertisers.
- Email Marketing- Email marketing is the activity of creating databases of email addresses and advertising through emails.
- Content Marketing–Many companies promote their products and services through content marketing. In this method, content creators are paid to promote these brands due to their wide reach.
- Affiliate Marketing–In Affiliate Marketing, content creators recommend certain productsand services and post affiliate links for purchasing those products. Once a viewer uses this link and purchases that product or service, the creator takes a small profit share.
We hope that we have piqued your interest in digital marketing and that you will want to dig deeper into this incredible field.